Occasionally, if your iPhone is running slow or something goes wrong with it, you can resolve this by restoring your device from a backup. But, to proceed with the restoration process, you need to backup your important data stored on your iDevice.
In order to learn how to restore iPhone, you need to follow certain instructions. You must also know the details of backing up your iPhone data via iTunes and iCloud.
Stepwise Guidance on iPhone Data Backup Before Restore
This section is only for those users who do not have the backup of their iPhones. Before you restore the iDevice, you need to create a backup of your important files.
Note- We suggest you set your iDevice on a regular backup every 24 hours via iTunes or iCloud.
Now, read the complete steps to make the backup of your important data and files.
Instructions to Create Backup using iCloud
Before you proceed to begin backing up iPhone data, ensure that the iCloud backups are enabled on your iDevice.
- On your iPhone, invoke the “Settings” by tapping on the gear icon.
- Now, choose your Apple ID from the top of the display.
- From the appeared menu, select “iCloud”.
- Afterward, choose the “iCloud Backup” from the context menu.
- In order to confirm it, hit the “OK” button.
Once you are done, iCloud will begin backing up your data every 24 hours, whenever your device will have a stable Internet connection.
Instructions to Backup iPhone using iTunes
You can also create backups on iTunes. To do so, follow the instructions mentioned below.
- Connect your device to the Internet and invoke iTunes. Launch the category dropdown menu that is located on the left side of the iTunes window.
- Now, choose the “Device” icon from the appeared menu. From the sidebar, select “Summary” and go to the “Automatically Back up” section.
- Under this section, hit “This Computer” and locate the “Encrypt [device] backup”. Select the “Encrypt [device] backup” checkbox and ensure that your passwords, HomeKit, Health data are backed up.
- Here, you might need to make a passcode to secure your encrypted backup. After you do so, the passcode will be stored in Keychain automatically.
- To start the backup process, hit the “Back Up Now” button. When it is completed, tap on the “Done” button.
After making the backup, directly navigate to the upcoming section where you’ll find how to restore iPhone.
How to Restore iPhone from Backup Using 3 Simple Fixes?
There might be various ways that you can use to restore your iDevice from backup. But, here, we are going to mention the three most reliable ways. Therefore, you can use any of the below-mentioned ways to restore your iPhone after backup.
Method 1: Restore your iPhone or iPad using iCloud
To restore your iDevice using iCloud, you can follow the underlying instructions.
- Turn on your iPhone and press the “Home” button when the “Hello” screen comes up.
- From the appeared menu, choose your preferred Language. Next, you need to select a Region or Country.
- In the next screen, select a wireless network and sign into it. Thereafter, disable or enable the “Location” Services”. Also, set up the Touch ID.
- Afterward, you will find the “Apps and Data” screen that comes up automatically. Tap on the “Restore from iCloud Backup” and enter your Apple login credentials.
- When you are prompted, agree to the “Terms and Conditions” by tapping on the “OK” button.
- Now, select the “Show All Backups” in order to see all the older backups.
Keep in mind, the restoration process may take a while. So, be patient and do not interrupt the process in between.
Method 2: Restore your iPhone or iPad using iTunes (For macOS Mojave or Earlier)
To restore an iPhone, first, connect it to iTunes and save the backup keys on your machine. However, before that, you should disable the “Find My iPhone” option.
Instructions to Disable “Find My iPhone” Option:
- Invoke the Settings on your iDevice.
- Click on your Apple ID that is located at the top of the screen.
- From the resulting menu, choose “iCloud”.
- On the next window, scroll through the options and locate “Find My iPhone”.
- Once you find it, drag the option from Enabled to “Disable” mode.
- Save the recent changes.
After you disable the “Find My iPhone” option, follow the steps to restore your device using iTunes.
How to Restore iPhone from iTunes Quickly?
Below are the steps to use iTunes for restoring your iPhone data.
Step 1: Initially, connect your iDevice to a PC or laptop. Then, open iTunes and from the upper left corner of the window, choose the “Device” icon.
Step 2: Navigate to the “Summary” section present on the left side of the window. Ensure that the checkbox is selected for automatically backing up to “This Computer”.
Step 3: Now, choose “Restore Backup” and hit the “Restore” button from the appeared menu. Enter your passcode to unlock the backup data.
Note– Using iTunes you can restore your device’s calendar, contacts, messages, and iPhone settings but, not the firmware.
Method 3: Restore your iPhone or iPad using macOS Catalina
This is another reliable way that you can try to restore your iPhone from backup. Before proceeding with this method, make sure that the “Find My iPhone” option is disabled.
In order to restore iDevice using macOS Catalina, follow these instructions.
- Connect your iPhone to your system.
- On your system, invoke the “Finder” app.
- Tap on your device name from the sidebar.
- In the next screen, choose the “Restore iPhone” option.
- From the appeared menu, hit the “Backup” button.
- Lastly, choose the “Restore” button.
This process will erase all device data and reset your iPhone to its factory default settings.