Can you notice an error message while you are going to send messages from your Mac? Don’t panicked. iMessage not working on Mac is quite a common problem that more or less faced by Mac users.
As well as when you turn off your iMessage, all the messages that are sent as standard messages will be displayed green in color.
As well as an exclamation mark is shown on the display and indicates that the message you are going to send is not sent to the recipient.
There are several reasons responsible for this issue. Poor internet connection, a wrong configuration in iMessage settings, incorrect credentials you are putting at the time of sign-in, and more. If you ever face the same problem you need to fix it at the earliest possible.
Fix iMessage Not Working on Mac
Before thinking the worst, you have to be sure that if iMessage is not working with one contact or with anyone that is saved in your contact list.
In case the iMessage stops working for a particular contact then the issue might occur on their end.
Likewise, if the same problem happens with all the everybody then try to follow the mentioned steps and implement them as exactly stated here.
Solution 1: Send a Test Message
The very first thing you have to do is to send a message to your family or friend. If the message is not sent then try to send another message to another person. This process will help you to figure out the exact problem of yours.
Solution 2: Check the Configuration
If the iMessage is enabled on your Mac you can also get the same problem if it is not configured correctly. To check this at first you have to open the iMessage app on your Mac.
After that, navigate to the Messages tab and look at the upper-left corner of the screen. Now, choose the Preferences tab and click on it.
Then, navigate to the iMessage and check the email address or number is enabled you are going to use. If you are still encountering the same then repeat this step and check the status of the problem.
Solution 3: Try a Reboot
Rebooting your device is a common solution that fix iMessage on Mac not working. Hence, we advise you to reboot your Mac at least once in a week to avoid these such problems in the future.
- To do so, at first open the iMessage application on your Mac.
- Then, navigate to the Preferences option that is located at the top-left of the screen.
- Now, move to the iMessage tab and click on it.
- Tap on Apple ID and here you have to uncheck the “Enable this account” option.
- At the final step, restart your system and check if the problem still occurs or not.
Just re-logging your iMessage account is so simple and help you to resolve the issue on your own.
- At first, launch the iMessage application on your Mac and click on the App menu. You can find this menu bar at the upper-left corner of the screen.
- After that, navigate to the Preferences tab and select the iMessage tab.
- Now, look at the top-right of the screen and tap on the Sign-out option.
- You will immediately find a login screen where you have to enter your password.
- Then, tap on Next and again login with the correct credentials.
Solution 5: Reset Network Settings
First of all, navigate to the Settings tab and scroll down until you find the General option. Click on General and again scroll down to find the Reset button.
At the final step, click on the Reset Netwrok Settings tab and keep waiting for a few minutes. Don’t get worried this process will not erase any data from your device.
We hope that the above five solutions are reliable for you to fix iMessage not working on Mac. But however, if any other problem arises on your Mac then get in touch with professionals and get the ultimate solutions.