If you are an Apple user, iTunes must be an integral part of your life. However, sometimes it needs an update to run correctly. No matter if you are a Mac or a PC user, an iTunes update is essential for both. However, to know the complete update process, take a look into this guide further.
How to Update iTunes on Mac?
At first, we will be discussing the complete iTunes update process for your Mac system. We have detailed the process of iTunes update using two methods.
- On your Mac system, open iTunes and then go to the iTunes menu eventually.
- Click on “Check for Updates” to automatically let iTunes get connected with the Apple servers and check for any available update.
Using the Mac App Store
Apart from that, you can also try updating iTunes through the Mac App Store. To do so through the Mac app store, follow the steps given below.
- Close iTunes and launch the Mac App Store.
- Go to the Updates tab and wait for some time so that the Mac App store can check the servers for any available update. If they are able to find it, you will see an Update option. Click on it to update iTunes successfully.
How to Update iTunes on Windows 10?
Usually, when iTunes has any update available, it informs you regarding it. iTunes, if downloaded from the Microsoft store, gets updates automatically if any updates are available. However, if you want to update iTunes manually on your Windows system, implement the steps mentioned below.
- Open iTunes on your Windows system and then click on the Help option.
- Click on the “check for updates” option and wait for some time to see if there are any updates available. If available, you will see a pop-up appearing on your screen. Make sure to click on “Download iTunes”.
- Go to Apple Software Update Windows and verify if the Update box beside iTunes is marked or not. Click on “Install 1 item” and wait for any confirmation from Windows. Accept the confirmation.
- Wait for the programs to get downloaded successfully and then click on Yes to reboot your system.
How to Update iTunes from the Official Website of Apple?
Besides, you can also update iTunes by reaching the official website of Apple. To do so, just follow the steps given below.
- Launch iTunes and navigate to the menu bar of it. Click on Help and “Check for Updates”.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to update your iTunes.
How to Update iPhone on iTunes?
If you want to update your iPhone on iTunes, it can be done easily as well. To do that, you need to follow the steps mentioned below.
- First of all, connect your system (either Windows or Mac) with the WiFi or Ethernet cable.
- Make sure that the iTunes version you are using is updated. If not, then you need to update it. To know-how, jump to the previous segment.
- Take your USB charging cable and connect it with your iPhone. Now, launch iTunes and select the device for an update.
- Keep in mind to back up all the files before updating. Click on Summary>Check for Update.
- Again, click on “Download and Update” and enter the password if prompted. In doing so, your iPhone will get updated to its current version successfully.
Frequently Asked Questions
Some frequently asked questions and their answers are provided below for a quick reference.
Is It Better to Update iOS on iTunes?
One question that remains in one’s mind is whether updating your iOS via iTunes is better or not. Well, the answer is Yes. If you update your iOS on iTunes, you are very likely to get a full build while doing so Over the Air grants delta updates or update files of relatively smaller sizes.
How Do You Update Apps Through iTunes?
To update any other application through iTunes, you can simply follow the steps cited below.
- Open iTunes and go to the Library section. Click on Apps to display the list of your purchased applications.
- Click on “Update Available” and see if any link appears. If it does not, none of the apps require an update.
What is the Latest Version of iTunes?
The latest version of iTunes for your Apple store or any other store (except Windows) is 12.9.3. It is supported by both the 32-bit and 64-bit systems. However, for the Windows Store, the latest version of iTunes is 12093.3.37141.0.