In this era of texting and messaging, Voicemail has lost its importance. However, if you are expecting a call from your recruiter, or in similar situations, voicemails can add a professional punch. But, before that, you need to set it up on your device.
Here, we will be discussing how to set up voicemail on your iPhone easily. Additionally, we will also be providing you some techniques to resolve scenarios where the iPhone Voicemail stops working.
Different Techniques to Set up Voicemail on iPhone
We will be providing you different processes for setting up Voicemail on your iPhone. Take a quick look into each of them for a better insight.
Technique 1: Voicemail Through Phone App
First, we will be providing you the process to set up a voicemail using the Phone app. Here are the steps by which you can do so.
- On your Home screen, go to the Phone app and then the Voicemail option. If you are not automatically redirected to the Voicemail system, dial *86 to do so manually.
- Tap on Set Up Now. If you are unable to see the pop-up, then it signifies that the voicemail is already setup on your iPhone. Just, go to Greetings and tap on Record. Again, tap on “Stop” and “Save”.
- Once the Setup pop-up appears, type your password and then tap on Done. Enter your password again for confirmation.
- Select the Custom option, to record the greeting. You can also select any default greeting by tapping the Default button.
- Press the Record button and record your greetings. Tap on Stop>Done/Save.
Technique 2: AT&T Voicemail by Calling
To set up AT&T voicemail by calling, you need to follow the steps given below sequentially.
Open the Phone app and tap on voicemail. If you do not have a visual voicemail, you can call the voicemail service. To call your phone’s voicemail manually, you can press and hold 1.
- Enter your password if asked to do so. Alternatively, if you do not know your password, type the last four digits of your phone number.
- Follow the on-screen instructions appearing on your screen. Set up the password accordingly and make sure to keep it somewhere between 4-15 digits.
- Enter the name and record the greeting for your voicemail.
Technique 3: AT&T Visual Voicemail
This method is for those carriers that support AT&T Visual Voicemail. Follow the steps provided to set up the voicemail on the iPhone.
- Start the Phone app and then tap on Voicemail. Look for “Set Up Now” and then tap on it.
- Enter your password and tap Done. Re-enter the password for confirmation and tap done.
- To record a greeting, tap on Custom or select a default voicemail greeting. Again, tap on record and record your voicemail message.
- After recording, tap on Stop and then Save. To listen to your recorded voicemail, tap the Play button.
Technique 4: Voicemail For T-Mobile
If you want to set up a T-Mobile Voicemail, follow the steps provided below sequentially.
Open the Phone app and tap on Keypad. Press and hold 1 to receive a voicemail call.
- Enter the new password or dial the last four digits of your phone number.
- Provide your name and voicemail greetings consecutively. Press # when prompted, to save the details.
- To verify your voicemail, press and hold 1 and enter your password.
How to Change Voicemail on iPhone?
If for some reason you are not satisfied with your voicemail and want to change it, try implementing the steps given below.
- Launch the Phone App and go to Voicemail>Greeting.
- Tap on Custom>Record. Record your greeting accordingly and verify it by pressing the Play button.
- Lastly, tap on Save.
How to Change Your Voicemail Password?
In case of situations where you do not remember your password or want to change it to something new, try the steps given below.
- Go to Settings>Phone>Change Voicemail Password.
- Type your old password and then enter your new password twice for confirmation.
How to Listen to a Voicemail on iPhone?
To listen to a recorded voicemail on iPhone, follow the steps cited below.
- Open the Phone app and tap on Voicemail.
- Choose a Voicemail message and select the device to listen to it.
- Tap the Play button to listen to the voicemail.
How to Remove a Voicemail on iPhone?
If you want to delete or remove a voicemail on iPhone, you need to follow the steps given below.
- Open the Phone App and tap on Voicemail. Choose a voicemail and tap on Delete.
- To completely erase the messages, go to Delete Messages and tap on Clear Messages.
Voicemail Unavailable On iPhone [Effective Workarounds]
Additionally, if for some reason your iPhone displays that the voicemail feature is unavailable on it then you need to troubleshoot the problem immediately. Here are some of the solutions you can try for an easy fix.
1. Restart the iPhone
First and foremost, restart your iPhone and check if the problem resolves or not. To do so, follow the steps cited below.
- Press and hold the Sleep/wake button. Once you see the slider, drag it to turn it off.
- Again, press and hold the Sleep/wake button to restart your iPhone.
2. Reset the Network Settings
There are chances of encountering such issues due to inappropriate network settings. Hence, try to reset it by following the steps cited below.
- Go to Settings and then General.
- Tap on Reset and Reset Network Settings.
- On doing so, all the network credentials will be deleted and restored to default.
3. Disable the WiFi
Another way to troubleshoot this problem is by disabling the WiFi. Hence, follow the steps below to disable the WiFi and check if you can access the voicemail.
- Navigate to the iPhone settings and then select WiFi.
- Slide the WiFi toggle to turn it off.
4. Reset the Password of Voicemail
Lastly, you can reset the voicemail password by performing the steps given below and check if the problem resolves.
- Reach the carrier’s website or customer service.
- On the Phone app, go to the Voicemail tab. Now, you will get to see a new window. Reset the Voicemail password and check whether you can set up voicemail now or not.
These were some of the methods by which you should be able to set up voicemail on the iPhone easily.