When you are trying to restore or update iPhone/iPad from iTunes backup, often you may across the issue and get a popup message that saying that “The iPhone could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (3194).” If you get the Error Code 3194 when you install the latest version of iTunes and then trying to update or restore again, but getting the same problem.
The error 3194 iPhone or iPad usually occurs because of the inability of iTunes to establish good communication with Apple’s servers, or outdated iTunes version, etc. Then follow the steps below to Fix Apple iPhone Error Code 3194. Means, here, the blog will explain you simple methods to Fix iTunes Error Code 3194 while Restoring or Updating iPhone/iPad?. You must follow the steps to get rid the issue quickly.
Steps to Fix Apple iPhone Error Code 3194 while Restoring or Updating iPhone/iPad
Solution 1:-Editing Your Hosts File
Often, error code 3194 occurs when you are trying to update or restore your IOS device through iTunes, and iTunes cannot connect to the Apple verification servers. This is common if you have Jailbroken your device in the past or are trying to downgrade IOS. Then the changes are that you have to add below three lines at last in the host file.
Follow the steps to do the task:-
Step 1:- Open the Hosts File
- First, make sure iTunes is completely closed.
- Open the host’s file on the computer.
- Windows: – Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc and double-click the host’s file. Select “Notepad” from the list of available programs.
- Mac: – Open the Terminal from the Utility folder, then type “sudo nano /etc/hosts”, and then press “Return”. This will open the host’s file in a text editor.
Step 2:- Search Hosts File In the Bottom
- Find the bottom of the host’s file, as you will be looking for an Apple address at the bottom.
- Then look for a .126.96.36.199 gs.apple.com entry.
Step 3:- Add the # Symbol
Add the # symbol and space (“# “) to the beginning of the gs.apple.com entry.
Step 4:- Save Your Changes
Windows:-Click the “File” menu and select “Save.”
Mac:-Press “Control”+”O” to save the file, and Control”+”X” to exit the editor.
Step 5:- Exit The Editor
Press “Return” option when asked for the filename.
Now exit the editor.
Step 6:- Restore or Update
- Open iTunes and attempt your restore or update again.
- After this, the iTunes will be able to connect.
If this solution did not work to Fix iPad Error 3194, then go to next solution.
Solution 2:- Put your IOS Device into Device Firmware Update (DFU) Mode
- Connect the IOS device to your computer and turn it completely off.
- Press and hold the “Power” button, and Home buttons for 10 seconds.
- After 10 seconds, now release the “Power” button but continue holding the “Home” button.
- Then Tunes should now show you a message your device is in a recovery mode (iTunes prompting you to restore the iPhone). If not, just repeat the steps again.
If this solution did not work to Fix iTune Error 3194, then go to the next solution.
Related Post:- How to Fix iPhone Error -18
Solution 3:-Remotely Resetting Your IOS Device
- Log in to the iCloud website with your IOS device, by entering the Apple ID.
- Open the “Find My iPhone” app on another device; it will open a map with your registered IOS devices.
- Click the “All Devices” menu and select the IOS device you want to restore.
- Click the “Erase” button in the IOS device’s card.
- Now, set up your IOS device and restore your backup. You’ll be given the choice to wish a backup from iCloud or iTunes, or you can carry on with a fresh install.
I hope your issue is resolved.
Require Help! Contact Apple Customer Support USA, UK, Australia and Dubai:-
You can contact feel free contact at Apple Technical Support Phone Number+1-855-267-5995 which is a completely toll-free number and available 24×7 days to your support. Through which you can easily connect with the team of certified and experienced technicians, who will deliver you the reliable solution to fix this error. Also, you could gain the hasty support & services to your Apple device’s related technical difficulties in a short period of time. Hence, call now to get urgent help.