iPhone activation error is one of the most common errors that can occur while setting up your iDevice. This error directly indicates that there is something wrong while communicating with the Apple server and could not activate iPhone.
When users try to activate their iPhone 6s devices, they find that the activation process takes up to several minutes. However, in most cases, the iPhone is not activated and the activation process ends up with an error notification. Sometimes, the iPhone could not be activated because the activation information could not be obtained
If you are also unable to activate your iPhone 6s or any other iDevice, then you must follow some dedicated methods to resolve the error on your own.
Why you are Getting iPhone Activation Error?
iPhone activation error occurs due to various factors. In most cases, this error occurs when users are trying to restore backup via iTunes and could not activate iPhone. Sometimes, you may find this error on a newly purchased device as well. Here, we are going to mention some of the underlying factors that influence the error.
- If you come across the “Invalid SIM” message on your iPhone, it can lead to activation error.
- There can be activation problems if the SIM card is not supported by your iPhone or the slot is malfunctioned.
- iPhone error can occur if the Apple server goes down or unavailable at the time of the activation.
- If iTunes fails to detect the iPhone 6s, it can influence the error and you could not activate the iPhone.
- Moreover, a poor or weak Internet connection can be another reason behind the activation error.
- Also, you can get the activation error if you don’t use a reliable Apple USB cable.
Now, we hope that you are well accustomed to the potential causes. Therefore, you can go to the troubleshooting section to resolve the activation error on iPhone.
Troubleshooting Measures for iPhone Activation Error
Various fixes are there to resolve the iPhone activation error. But, we are going to mention the most effective fixes that worked for several iPhone 6s users. So, you can execute these methods without having any hesitation.
Method 1: Reboot the iPhone
Before you move into any critical process, we suggest you reboot your iDevice and verify if the activation error gets eliminated. By performing this method, you can refresh the device software and network connections that might affect its performance. In order to reboot your iPhone 6s, follow the steps mentioned underneath.
- Press the Power button unless you see the slider that appears on the screen.
- Now, drag the slider to “Off” and wait unless your device turns on.
- Make an attempt to activate the iDevice when the device is restarted.
In case, rebooting your iPhone doesn’t resolve the activation error, try the remaining fixes.
Method 2: Ensure that the SIM Card is Installed
If you get stuck with the iPhone 6s activation error due to SIM card problems, turn off the iDevice first. Then take out the SIM card from the device.
Afterward, insert the SIM card again and make sure you insert it in the SIM card tray properly. Now, turn on the device and verify if the error gets removed.
Method 3: Check the Network Connection
While activating your iPhone 6s if your device does not have a stable Internet connection, the occurrence of such activation error is quite a common event.
In order to verify the network connection, go to the “Settings” app and choose “WiFi” from the resulting menu. Now, make sure that the Wi-Fi button is enabled. Hit the “OK” button to save the settings. Now, reboot your device and try to activate the iPhone 6s again.
Method 4: Disable the “Find My iPhone” Feature
While activating your iPhone 6s if you are randomly asked for the user’s ID, then we suggest you disable the “Find My iPhone” feature. In order to disable this feature, you have to follow these instructions underneath.
- Go to the Apple menu and open the “Application” folder
- Here, you will find a list where all the installed applications and programs are enlisted.
- From the available menu, scroll through the options and locate the “Find My iPhone” option.
- Once you find it, tap on it and drag the option from “On” to “Off”.
- When you’re asked to confirm the process, hit the “OK” button from the pop-up window.
We hope, after disabling the “Find My iPhone” feature you will be able to troubleshoot iPhone 6s activation error successfully.
Method 5: Verify Apple’s System Status Page
After disabling the “Find My iPhone” feature if you still could not activate iPhone, it is recommended you verify Apple’s system status page. At times, due to maintenance-related situations, the Apple servers are down.
Therefore, you can go to Apple’s official website and launch its system status page. On this page, you can verify whether something went wrong with the activation or not.
If everything goes fine, then there’s something else that prevents the activation process on the iPhone. Thus, go to the next fixes.
Method 6: Restore iDevice via iTunes
In this procedure, we suggest you restore your iDevice via iTunes. To do so, turn on your device and launch iTunes. Make sure that you are using the latest version of iTunes. If you have not updated iTunes for a long time, then follow the instructions to update it.
Instructions to Update iTunes
Here are the steps to obtain the newest iTunes updates:
- On the iDevice, open iTunes. For this, hit the iTunes icon on your dock.
- Afterward, go to the iTunes menu bar and hit “Check for Updates”.
- If the update is available, then download it by tapping on the “Download Now” button.
- Confirm the installation process by tapping on the OK button twice.
- Now, the iTunes latest version will be automatically installed on your device.
After you update iTunes to its latest version, connect your iPhone to your device via a USB cable. Make sure that you use the Apple USB for establishing the connection.
After connecting, once you turn on your iPhone 6s, it will recognize iTunes automatically and prompts you to restore the device.
Now, give permission to restore your iPhone and stick to the instructions that come up on the screen. Once the restoration process gets over, activate your iDevice once again and verify if it activates properly.
Method 7: Reset the iPhone 6s
If the above-mentioned solutions fail and you could not activate iPhone, then resetting the iDevice can be the last resort for you. But, before you reset your iDevice, make a backup of your important files. Since resetting the iDevice will erase all the data you saved on it.
In order to reset the iPhone 6s, follow the steps cited below.
- Press the “Power” button along with the “Home” button for a while.
- Keep pressing the combination keys unless the Apple logo comes up on the screen.
- Wait for your device to enter into the recovery mode.
- After you reset the iPhone successfully, verify whether the activation error gets resolved.
We hope, after performing these instructions, you will be able to resolve the iPhone activation error in no time.