OneNote often suffers from the synchronization process between the web app as well as the desktop app at the same time. It often occurred when there was no OneNote mobile app. Sometimes this application worked well, and sometimes it does not. Such issues occur usually because of improperly connecting the Notebook that was created in the web app to the desktop app which was kind of tricky task. Below are steps to fix sync errors in OneNote for Mac with appropriate explanation of each step.
Fix OneNote For Mac Sync Errors With Expert Solutions
OneNote is an essential tool for collecting, organizing, as well as sharing digital information. Microsoft OneNote works as an electronic substitution for a paper notebook. Mac users often access OneNote from the app store that is available free of cost. But you might often experience sync errors on OneNote for Mac. Moreover, you might be a little annoyed when your data won’t sync up. But there are a few things you could do to get rid of the sync errors.
Problems You Might Encounter With Your Mac
There can be multiple sync errors on your Onenote Mac. Users often complain about the issues mentioned below.
- You might have the problem of the notebook not syncing.
- While syncing, you might see a message of not syncing followed by the section name.
- Also, you may see the problem of synchronization conflicts also known as merge conflicts. You will see these version conflict messages if there is another user trying to edit the page or a part of the page simultaneously. Understandably, OneNote creates many versions of the page so that one can prevent data loss at any cost. Therefore, you might see an error message popping up on the yellow information bar.
- ‘Server is busy’ is another sync error that you might experience. This error happens when you store the notebooks on Sharepoint or on SharePoint online. Though these may seem to you sync errors, they are in essence authentication errors.
- Other sync errors include misplaced sections, errors on SharePoint and collaboration space sync problems.
How To Fix Sync Errors In OneNote for Mac
Before you apply troubleshooting techniques, you need to check for Mac updates. Make sure that your copy of OneNote is up-to-date before implementing these steps.
Notes Not Syncing
For troubleshooting, you will need to open the notebook in OneNote online. If you do this, you will have determined the cause of the issue. It may happen either because of Onenote or the server. Copy the link to notebook and paste it into your web browser. If it opens successfully, Onenote is causing the issue. In that case, close and then reopen the notebook to get rid of the issue.
On the other hand, if you can’t open notebook in OneNote online, the server may cause the problem. If your notebook is on Onedrive, you will need to check the service status page for any discrepancy and also make necessary changes.
Sections Not Syncing
Firstly, you need to click on the ‘ show notebooks’ button and open the notebook with sync issues on your OneNote for Mac. After that, you will have to create a new section and copy all the content from the old section into the new one. After that, you need to click on ‘File’ and then ‘sync all notebooks’.
To fix merge conflicts, you need to click anywhere on the page with the merge conflicts error. Then, you will have to click ‘edit’ and ‘select all’ on the menu bar. After that, copy and paste the selection on the main version of the page. Once you finish reviewing sync conflicts, you will have to make essential changes. After this process, you can delete the page with errors without hesitation.
‘Server is busy’
Firstly, you need to sign out of OneNote and then sign back in to get rid of the issue. After that, you need to close and then reopen the notebook. Similarly, you can ensure that you have access to the notebook through OneNote online.
Steps to Fix Sync Errors in OneNote 2016 for Mac
Step 1: Resetting of the notebook which is unable to sync
- Click on the notebook to watch out whether a list of all the open notebooks are available.
- The next is to check in the notebooks list by hovering over the notebook which will show a sync error. Now one needs to hit on the “> Close” button
- Tap on the “File > Open Notebook” and then, choose the notebook which you recently closed.
- Now try to sync into the notebook.
Step 2: Identify and resolve errors in sections that are not able to sync properly
- Users are suggested to tap on the notebook name which they are currently working with.
- Click to see the sync error, and locate the section that’s having trouble syncing.
- Now, carefully create a new section in the same notebook which you are using.
- Copy the “don’t move” option of all the pages from the old section into the new one which you have recently created.
- Tap on the “File > Sync All Notebooks” icon after you have copied all the pages to the new section
- Try syncing the notebook now.
Step 3: Update the OneNote for Mac device now
- It’s always good to perform a check whether you have the latest version of the app installed in your computer or not?
- Now, in the “Finder” section, simply click ‘Go > Applications” icon.
- Double-click to get access to the “App Store” icon.
- Click on the “Updates” icon
- When the OneNote for Mac will appear in the list of updates, the next thing is to install it and try to sync it again.
If you still have issues in syncing process then do post your question to below mentioned contact details.
Related Blog: Fix Mac Error Code 0xc000000f
Get in touch at Mac Support Number for resolving issues faster
We encourage users to get in touch at Mac Customer Care Number 1-800-582-2431 to get your issues resolved at much faster rates by experiencing our world-class support solutions. Our team of expert, skilled and competent technicians are always available 24*7 hours to assist users in overcoming such critical issues.
In case you are not being able to solve the matter on your own, you can get help from our expert professionals. They all the complications that can come with sync errors on OneNote for Mac and how to resolve them.
Rely on our expert tech support team and unburden your mind to mundane such issues. You can give us a call at any hour of the day as our executives will be available round the clock. You can also send us a mail detailing all your concerns and we will certainly get them resolved for you. Moreover, you can chat with us by availing our live chat portal. Help is just a call away!