“iMessage an error occurred during activation Mac” message appears at the time of updating the Mac device. At the time of logging into iMessage or Facetime, you can come across this error. Even trying to sign in repeatedly won’t help you to stop getting this error message.
Mostly, if you are trying to login using an incorrect Apple ID then there is a fair chance that it can lead you to this error. If there is an internet failure, such errors can come up.
Provided, incorrect date and time can also cause this error. But, whatever be the reason, here you get to know about the possible solutions to fix this error.
5 Easy Methods to Fix “an error occurred during activation iMessage Mac” Pop-up Message
In this section, we are going to mention the method to fix iMessage an error occurred during activation Mac that will help you to overcome this error. You just have to apply the methods as it is shown below.
Method 1: Enable the Apple ID for Messages
Enabling the message in the Apple device will help you to get rid of the error. To enable the Apple ID for messages, you have to go through the below-mentioned steps:
- Open the Mac device and from there, go to the “Messages” section.
- Now, move to the “Preferences” section and then tap on the “Accounts”, from the “Top Messages” Menu.
- Now, choose the “iMessage ” option from the drop-down menu.
- You will be prompted with the “Apple ID” next on the screen.
- Make sure, you have checked the “Enable this account” option.
But, if you view a checkbox, then wait for a while and then check that box. Now, after a while uncheck the box again. Now, you will be able to login to the Facetime or in iMessage.
Method 2: Check the Apple Service Outrage
The current outages can conflict with iMessage or Facetime. In that case, you have to check the Apple System Status page.
To get the System Page, you have to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Go to the App Store and from there go to the Spotlight Suggestions section.
- In there, you will get the System Status page.
If you see that in the system page all the options are marked green then this indicates that everything is working properly. But, if some of the options are yellow, then it is a clear indication that the system is facing a technical glitch.
Check if the iMessage and Facetime are green or yellow. If both the apps are showing green status, then both the systems are working properly.
Methods 3: Check the Date and Time Settings
The default time and date settings can cause issues at the time of updating the Apple device. In that case, you have to check if you have given the correct time and date.
And to do that, you have to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Open the Apple device and from there, go to the Apple Menu.
- From there, move to the “System preferences” section.
- Now, tap on the “Date & Time ” section. Check if you have given the correct date, time and zone in this section.
- Make sure you have checked the “Set Date and time automatically” option
- And if this box is checked, uncheck the box for a while and then check that box again.
- If the checkbox has dimmed then you have to first tap on the “lock” icon. Put the administrative password next.
Now, you will be able to fix the activation error from the Apple device. If you are still facing issues, then you have to verify the Apple ID.
Method 4: Check the Apple ID
Incorrect Apple ID is the main reason due to which you might be getting the activation error. To fix that, you have to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Open a Web Browser and from there, go to the official website of Apple.
- Move to the account page of Apple ID and sign in with the correct ID for iMessage or Facetime.
- If you have forgotten the password of Apple ID, then tap on the “Forgot” option.
- Now, open the Mac device and then go to the “Messages”s section.
- From there, go to the Preferences section and then move to the Account option.
- Tap on the account that you use for iMessage. Tap on the “sign out” option next.
- Now, sign in again with the proper Apple ID.
If you use a Macbook, then you have to go to the “Facetime” option and then go to the “Preferences” section. Now, go to the Settings section and then tap on the “Sign out” option if it is necessary.
Next, sign in again with the Apple ID that you have used earlier. And if you are still facing issues, then it is suggested to move to the next section.
Method 5: Reset the NVRAM
Resetting the NVRAM will help you fix iMessage an error occurred during activation Mac. To restart the NVRAM, you have to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Hold the option Command, P and R keys together. Now, release the keys after a while.
- A start-up menu will appear next on the screen. The Apple logo will appear on the screen and it will disappear after a while.
- If the firmware is password protected, then you have to have to turn off the password for the firmware to reset the NVRAM.
After resetting the NVRAM, you have to update the Sound Volume, time zone, and display resolution.