Bluetooth is a wireless technology that allows you to create connections between devices like a Mac device and a mouse or keyboard at a specific distance range (approximately 10 meters). But, due to certain technical complications, sometimes the Bluetooth devices don’t show up on the Mac device.
This situation mostly occurs when users make some mistakes while setting the Bluetooth configuration. Moreover, due to the potentially corrupted files, Mac stops recognizing Bluetooth.
If you are currently encountering this error and want to get rid of it as soon as possible, then follow the upcoming section and apply the solutions to resolve the Bluetooth not available Mac error in an effective manner.
Mac OS Bluetooth Not Available: Learn How you can Deal With this situation
Here, we are going to mention the most effective ways that you can try to resolve this Bluetooth unavailable error. So, without further delay, proceed with the underlying methods.
Method 1: Basic Troubleshooting
Before you proceed with any critical instructions, try to execute the basic troubleshooting process.
Firstly, remove all the external devices such as USB keyboard, mouse, etc. In the case of the removable battery, remove the power cable and pull out the battery from the device. Press the Power button for a while. After that, insert the battery in its proper location and reconnect the power cable. In the case of the non-removable battery, skip this process.
After your Mac device boots up, press the combination of the COMMAND + OPTION + P. After releasing the combination keys, check whether the Bluetooth not available Mac error gets removed or not.
Method 2: Modify the Bluetooth Configuration
Even after executing the basic troubleshooting process, if the Bluetooth not available Mac still appears, then you might need to modify the Bluetooth configuration. In order to proceed with this method, follow the steps underneath.
- Initially, disable the Bluetooth and invoke the Terminal option.
- In the text box, enter “sudo rm -R /Library/Preferences/com.apple.Bluetooth.plist”
- Hit the Enter key in order to proceed further.
- In the next window, enter your login credentials like Apple ID.
- Afterward, reboot your Mac device. Once your device boots up, go back to the System Preferences and enable the Bluetooth button.
Once done, try to go through the pairing process and verify whether the error has been removed or not.
Method 3: Make a New .plist Extension File for Bluetooth Configuration
If the previous methods don’t give you the desired result, then we suggest you make a new .plist extension file for Bluetooth configuration. In order to proceed with this method, you can follow the underlying steps.
- To begin the process, close all the tabs/windows/apps/system preferences which might attempt to connect via Bluetooth Mac.
- Now, go to the “Finder” and then press the combination of the “Command+Shift+G”.
- When the “Go to the folder” window appears on the screen, enter /Library/Preferences/ and hit the OK button.
- On the appeared menu, you will find a list where all the installed files are enlisted.
- Scroll through the files and try to locate the “com.apple.Bluetooth.plist extension”.
- Afterward, choose the “com.apple.Bluetooth.plist extension” file and hit the “Delete” button.
- When you are done, close the Finder.
- Next, go back to the “Apple menu” and choose the “Shutdown” button.
After rebooting your Mac device, trying to reconnect the wireless devices. If you are still unable to fix the Bluetooth not available Mac error, then try out the next fix.
Method 4: Reset the Mac’s Bluetooth Module
A majority of users claim that after they reset Mac’s Bluetooth module, they find that the Bluetooth error has been removed from their Mac device. In order to reset Mac’s Bluetooth module, follow the instructions cited in the below section.
- Navigate to the “Apple menu” and choose the “System Preenenes”
- Once you access the System Preference window, choose the “Bluetooth” option from the menu.
- Now, you need to locate and select the Show Bluetooth in the menu bar.
- Afterward, make sure that the “Show Bluetooth” is checked.
- Choose the combination of the “Shift + Option” and hit the “Bluetooth” icon that is present on the menu bar.
- Inside the menu bar, choose the “Debug” and hit the “Reset the Bluetooth module” option.
After resetting the Mac Bluetooth module, try pairing the device and verify whether the Bluetooth is not available Mac error gets eliminated or not.
Method 5: Remove the Conflicting Applications
When all the above methods fail to give you satisfactory results, and you are still confronting Bluetooth not available Mac error messages, then there might be certain applications that might conflict with the Bluetooth and restrict it to working properly.
To prevent such situations, we suggest you remove those conflicting applications.
- Launch the “Finder” window and go to the “Application” folder.
- Once you access the Application folder, you will find a list where all the installed applications and programs are enlisted.
- From the appeared list, choose the conflicting application.
- If there is more than one application, then choose the applications in their respective manner.
- In the pop-up menu, drag these applications to Trash.
- Follow the instructions shown up on the device.
- Confirm the uninstallation process by tapping on the “OK” button twice.
Once you are done with these instructions, reboot your device and verify if the Bluetooth error gets removed.